Opening statement: Making the IMRC Center a hub for collaboration beyond the classroom will strengthen the programs it houses as well at the services it offers.
Meeting with Gene & Sean (Owen updated later):
- Decided that subdomain would be best so traffic coming to IMRC main site isn’t interrupted during development
- Waiting on Gene to set up
- Commercial use – by students and others
- New Features
- Touch screen system in labs
- Reservation check-in & check-out
- Reservation opens after 15 minute delay
Equipment (& Certification) Upload – Admin:
- Waiting on Sean and Gene to confirm fields
- Tagging system similar to WordPress
- Search system – path indication (Fab Labs > 3D Printers)? click through tags?
- Color change on buttons?
- Should supplies be a category or be accessible only though search and equipment-specific selection so it’s not overly complicated/confusing?
- Week view or month view?
- Drag & drop system?
- Finish reservation system
- Input equipment
- Begin pricing/charging system
- Continue styling
The future of the project: The Account Manager has grown to a point where it’s no longer realistic to complete it as well as the student freelance portion of the project. Should we sacrifice features and testing for Account Manager to make time for student freelance? Is there a way to merge the two halves together so that both can be completed?
Closing Statement: By initially focusing on refining internal systems, with input from stakeholders, we hope to streamline the business membership and student freelance programs in the future.